1. Korea, where I rediscovered my roots and honed on my skills in pickling / fermentation / temple cuisine.
2. California, where I’ve spent my youth celebrating the sun and wednesdays at the Santa Monica farmer’s market.
3. Japan, where we found inspiration amongst the beautiful temples and well-balanced cuisine of Tokyo and Kyoto.
4. Belgium, where I developed a taste for good chocolate, beer and an appreciation for textiles.
5. England, where I found peace in making everything from scratch and doing my best to grow a green thumb.
1. As a result of all the moving, I pack like I play Tetris.
2. I make gochujang (fermented Korean red chili paste) and Kimchi (fermented pickled cabbage). I’m my mom’s daughter.
3. I’ve graduated at Le Cordon Bleu, London in the interest of baking – I can bake a proper Pâte Feuilletée, if my oven allows.
4. There’s no better place for beer, chocolate and fries than in Belgium- Smakelijk!
5. Breakfast is the single best meal of the day. Dinner is best shared with family and friends.